Joint pain is a very common affection that is mostly manifested at your knees, hips or shoulders. The causes can vary from osteoarthritis to sprain and they can produce mild or severe pain. In the case of severe joint pain it is recommended to consult a doctor, whereas if the pain is mild, you can choose one of the following remedies.
The main property of massage is to stimulate circulation and to reduce the inflammations. You can help the process by applying different oils or creams (olive oil, coconut oil) on the skin.
- Hot/cold compresses
An alternation between hot and cold compresses is ideal due to the fact that the heat improves blood flow, relaxes muscles and decreases pain, weather cold reduces swelling and numbs the painful area. Make sure you do not apply them directly on the skin and repeat the process daily.
Because it acts like an antioxidants and prevents inflammation, fenugreek is recommended for people suffering from arthritis.
- Have a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and a glass of tepid water, repeating the remedy every morning;
- Leave overnight a teaspoon of seeds soak in a glass of water and eat them before breakfast.
Rich in curcumin, an active ingredient, turmeric shares the properties of fenugreek seeds.
- Drink every day a glass of warm milk in which you have put a teaspoon of turmeric powder and some honey or take turmeric capsule three times a day. Make sure you have consulted your doctor before, as the remedy is very strong and may interfere with certain medication.
- Apple cider vinegar
Rich in minerals and alkaline, apple cider vinegar is a very good pain reducer.
- Drink before every meal a mixture formed of 3 teaspoons of vinegar, honey and a glass of warm water.
- Mix one tablespoon of vinegar and one of olive oil and massage the affected area.
The capsaicin content makes cayenne pepper a natural analgesic.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder with ½ cup of coconut oil or use a capsaicin cream and apply on the leisure, leaving it action for about 20 minutes. Repeat the process daily.
- Epsom salt
It contributes to the absorption of magnesium, whose absence causes joint pain, due to the fact that it supports body detoxification and eases inflammation.
- Add in your bathing water 2 cups of Epsom salt and relax for 20. Repeat the process several times a week.
The sulfur that forms garlic contributes to the ease of pain and inflammation, whereas the selenium fight against the arthritis.
- Consume daily garlic, either raw or cooked. Also, you can replace it by garlic supplements if you hate the smell.
- Massage the affected area with the oil resulted from the mixture of 2 garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of mustard/sesame oil which has been fried before. Wait for about three hours, then wash.
Ginger is a multifunctional remedy which in the case of joint pain reduces inflammation.
- Introduce ginger in your daily basis –raw, dried or tea. For tea you must boil the ginger root in a cup of water for several minutes. You can add honey if you like.
- Mix equal quantities of turmeric, fenugreek and ginger powder, then consume every morning on an empty stomach.
- Stinging nettle
This plant is rich in boron, a mineral needed for strong bones and enzymes that reduce inflammation.
- Drink nettle tea three times a day (the leaves must be dried when boiled with water);
Apply fresh nettle leaves on the leisure for 30 minutes, repeating the treatment every day.